Getting Around Banff & The Bow Valley
Online Availability & Booking
Almost everything in Banff is within walking distance but if you have a lot to carry, it’s cold out or it’s just too far you have options.
Roam Bus runs various routes in and around Banff.
- Route 1 runs along Banff Ave past our hostel and will take you through town and up to the Banff Upper Hots Springs and base of Sulphur Mountain to hike up or take the gondola.
- Route 2 runs from the camp ground on Tunnel Mountain to the Banff Springs Hotel. Please note to take this route you need to walk about 5 minutes towards town and pick up the bus on Wolf Street or transfer from Route 1 to Route 2 bus at the corner of banff Ave and Caribou St.
- Route 3 is the regional route and runs from Banff to Canmore several times a day. The closest bus stop is a 4 minute walk from the hostel.
- Route 4 runs from north downtown to the Cave and Basin and the Upper Hot Springs and Gondola.
- Route 6 (Summer Season only) runs right past the hostel on its way to Two Jack Lake (perfect for a swim!) and Lake Minnewanka.
- Route 7 leaves from the High School (5 minute walk) on a loop to the Banff Centre and back.
- Route 8 also leaves from the High School and takes you to Lake Louise in under 1 hour!
The fares for Routes 1, 2 ,4,6 and 7 are $2 each way and for route 3 & 8 it is $6 each way. Daily and monthly bus passes are available for all routes. Please check the Roam Bus website for more information. To see real-time locations and real-time arrival estimates of the buses please go to NextBus.
Taxi service runs throughout Banff and the Bow Valley. The taxi company has you covered with everything from local transport to small sight seeing tours. Check out their website for more information.
Canada T1L 1A6